- There is always a solution and a choice that can be made. I hold an unshakeable belief in possibility. That with humility, passion, innovation and focus — I can make just about anything come to life.
- Good is the enemy of great. Good is the enemy I fight every day to continue to improve and live into my potential. I’m here to make a difference through my actions and attitude and lead by example. I’m obsessive about exceeding expectations and going above and beyond for my customers, my team and myself. I am courageous, inventive and passionate about how I lead my life.
- Trust is to be given, not earned. I speak clearly and mean what I say. I’m honest with my customers, teams and stakeholders. When mistakes happen, I take responsibility to make things right and when things go well, I make sure to celebrate and recognize accomplishments.
- I put people first. While organizational goals and results are important, the people I am working with are my first concern and helping them reach their goals and desired outcome is my first priority. Leading people is an honor and one I never take for granted. Saying ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ is good business.
- I lead with inteGRITy. I approach problems with an eye on the big picture and how to solve issues holistically. I model the work ethic, determination and resilience to do the difficult tasks and make the hard decisions to achieve long-term success vs. short term wins. Success of the leader is found in the success of the mission and those led.
- I leave it better than I found it. Whether is putting extra care into a conversation, flashing a quick smile to a stranger or picking up a piece of trash on a hiking trail, I want to leave each person, place or situation better for me having been there.
- I seek incremental improvement and fun – every day. Excellence isn’t an act but a habit built over time with a consistent focus on getting better by focusing on fundamentals, measuring key indicators and iterating along the way. The little things count just as much as the big things and there is always room for improvement – especially when there is fun, laughter, teamwork and achievement mixed in.
Figure out who you are and then do it on purpose!